Calling All Dads!!! The Roy Cloud Dads’ Club is a parent volunteer group dedicated to improving the school for our children by supporting programs, staff, parents, and students. The Dads’ Club creates and sponsors its own educational and social events during the school year to advance these goals and to assist in fundraising for the benefit of the school.
Our Dads’ Club 2017/2018 leaders this year are:
- Dads’ Club Chair: Jon Mayer
- Treasurer: Aaron Malafant
- Science Night Leads: Roger Dettloff and Frank Zaugg
- Field of Dreams Lead: Greg Kahlert and Jamshaid Rai (“JR”)
- Social Media Coordinator: Justin Gibson
- Emergency Services Coordinator: Phil Lloyd, Dave Cirini and Scott Hublou
For 2016/2017, some of our main events included:
- Dads’ Club Presents Mad Science Night: An educational, knowledge in action evening in MUB featuring interactive presentations on lasers, magnetism, hover crafts, homemade ice cream and more. The Dads’ Club organizes and hosts this event for approximately 75 students. Parents are welcome, but not required, to attend. Mad fun always guaranteed.
- Dads’ Club Presents Field of Dreams: Experience the Roy Cloud Dads’ Club tradition and be a part of the family camp out on our very own field of dreams. Event includes a grilled dinner prepared by the Dads’ Club followed by a family-themed movie on a large outdoor screen with popcorn and other treats. Saturday morning awaken to enjoy a pancake/waffle breakfast, hot coffee and juice prior to packing up camp and heading home.
- Monthly Dads’ Club Meetings: We gather at the Canyon Inn for educational programs and game plan our events.
- Auction Item Event: The Dads’ Club will donate a day of hard work, skills and/or materials for the school’s annual fundraising event.
- Capital and improvement projects as needed by the school. For example, we installed HangSafe hooks for the school.
For more information about the Dads’ Club, please contact Jon Mayer.
To sign up for the club, please click here.
Generally, meetings take place the second Tues each month at 7:30 pm at the Canyon Inn.
We look forward to meeting you and working together on our kids’ behalf and continuing to build a tradition of active support by Roy Cloud dads!