The Roy Cloud PTO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, tax id is 26-4393209, whose purpose is to promote and support the education and well-being of the Roy Cloud students through programs, events, and services. The PTO is committed to enhancing the educational experience for our students by supporting academic and enrichment activities, as well as raise money for the enhancement of the school environment. We are focused on strengthening the relationship between home and school by facilitating communication and encouraging productive engagement amongst parents, teachers, administrators, the school board, and the community.
All members of Roy Cloud School are strongly encouraged to participate in and volunteer for PTO events throughout the year. The success of the Roy Cloud and the PTO can be seen in the cooperation between teachers and parents as we work together for the best interest of our children and our school.
It is both PTO financial support and active parent volunteerism that ensures we have these important programs on campus:
- NEW! Garden Science: Science education and environmental literacy in our beautiful outdoor garden, provided through Education Outside. (K-3)
- NEW! Technology Integration Coach (TIC): Funded by the PTO along with site funds, the TIC is a certified teacher who supports the strategic implementation of instructional programs and provides staff development and coaching on integrating technology into instruction for literacy, mathematics, and other content areas. This improves and expands classroom-teaching strategies for all teachers. Included in this process, the TIC will help Roy Cloud best incorporate all equipment that PTO has funded over the past several years.
- Physical Education: The PTO funds PE for K-5 through Legarza Sports. (Our middle school PE Teacher is funded separately by Measure W.)
- School Counselors: Through at partnership with the Sequoia Healthcare District, the PTO contracts with Star Vista to provide the equivalent of a full-time school counselor. The counselors support our students in all aspects of their lives that may lead to enhanced school performance and increased engagement in learning. Our counselors will also provide social-emotional classroom lessons for K-5.
- Art Classes: Visual arts program taught by professional art instructors through Arts4All. (K-8)
- STEM Enrichment: Monthly hands-on lessons through Science from Scientists. (4-5)
- Musical Theatre: The PTO partners with local youth theater production companies to coordinate the production of musical theater with our students at Roy Cloud.
- Science Workshops: Vendors such as Marine Science Institute and Lawrence Hall of Science transform the classroom for hands-on science workshops. (K-5)
- Investigative Learning: Mini-grants for our teachers desiring additional classroom materials specific to Investigative Learning.
- Music: Sessions with percussionist, James Henry, are highly anticipated by K-1 classes. He provides a superb foundation for music participation and appreciation. All 2nd-5th graders receive music education through Music for Minors funded by Redwood City Education Foundation. The school district offers instrumental music for 6-8.
- Technology: The PTO will continue to enhance the classroom experience through technology. This year, chromebooks and the computer lab will be upgraded and a projection system will be installed in the MUB.
- NEW! Health and Wellness: Funded through the Fund-a-Need at the 2018 school auction, this initiative includes lunch recess coaches through Legarza, a new hydration station (will be installed soon), and new or redesigned play areas (in design review). Stay tuned!
- And Much More! Field trips, teacher stipends for classroom supplies, staff appreciation events, school beautification, student scholarships and assistance, teacher training, support for 7th grade Yosemite trip.
Click here to review the revised Roy Cloud PTO Budget 2018-2019 School Year
When We Meet
We meet once a month at 6:30pm in the Roy Cloud Library. Our 2017/2018 meetings are listed below, we hope to see you there! Meeting notes are uploaded once they are approved by the board, click on the date to download your copy.