Welcome back to school! Volunteers and staff have been busy preparing for a positive and exciting new school year. We warmly welcome our new principal Diane Prystas with assistant principal Kristy Jackson and look forward to a successful year ahead.
The 2018-2019 school year kicks off with Maze Days. All are encouraged to attend at anytime during these two days. This is an opportunity to pick up teacher/classroom assignments, PE T-shirts for middle school students, sign-up for after school programs, room parent volunteer sign-ups, meet old and new friends and introduce yourself to our new administrative team! Be sure to stop by the PTO table and learn more about the many ways our community supports Roy Cloud School.
- Tuesday August 14, 8:30am-10:30 am
- Thursday August 16, 5:00pm-7:00pm
A few of the exciting new additions this year include:
- Education Outside Program for grades K-3
- New portable AC units in classrooms 3, 9, 10, 17 and 18
- New updated signs in the Learning Garden with a beautiful new hand painted mural on the garden shed wall courtesy of our local Girl Scout Troop
- Beautifully updated school sign in the Jefferson lot, courtesy of the amazing PCC facilities team
- Legarza Coaching staff increased to all recess/all campus/all grades
- Increased student counseling services through StarVista for both individual and private sessions
Look out for these and many more inspirational changes on campus this year! All are welcome to attend the PTO meetings which typically take place on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. The first meeting of the school year is on Tuesday evening August 21, 6:30 pm in the school library. All meetings are listed on the PTO webpage and all minutes once approved are published for school wide review.
As always, click here to email me anytime.
Thank you for your support and I look forward to a fantastic year ahead!